[GNC] Scheduled transactions: Why create in advance?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Jul 10 17:43:08 EDT 2019

> On Jul 10, 2019, at 3:20 PM, AEG via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> Adrien,
>
> Thanks for your input.
> I don't really want to see the created transactions together.

My comment about the checkbox was in reference to your comment about sometimes needing to edit them before they are committed but when they are scheduled to fire.

> I want to see
> (in advance) the effect scheduled transactions will have on individual
> account balances when they are created but to delay creation until the
> correct scheduled date.

That’s where the budget module comes in. You can use it to see what will happen if those transactions occur.

> I am sure others would find this extremely useful if
> the feature existed.

 (it would be nice if the Budget Module pulled these in automatically, or if the Future Scheduled Transactions Summary also accounted for the various account present balances)

Regards,
Adrien