[GNC] Match transaction accounts better?

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 14:57:59 EDT 2019

Check under Preferences > Online Banking to verify that Use Bayesian
Matching is checked and, as Greg mentioned, make the corrections during the
import process to be sure that the training actually happens.  Also, there
was a change when the release 3.x series came out that may cause all the
old training to disappear when you transition in, so some re-training will
be required.

David Carlson

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 12:22 PM Greg Feneis <mfeneis at gmail.com> wrote:

> While the matcher is displaying your records, click on a record to correct
> it.  This is how the matcher learns how to match better.  It's a
> statistical matching algorithm I believe, so you correcting one incorrectly
> matched record won't always immediately fix a matching error tendency.
> Just keep correcting consistently and the matcher should catch on.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Greg Feneis <http://www.linkedin.com/in/electromechanical>
>

> On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 10:08 AM . <Look at ipadring.net> wrote:
>
> >    How can I get GC to better recognize which accounts certain
> >    transactions belong too.
> >
> >    For example;  Giant Supermarket should always have the account "Food"
> >    matched to it.  However, when importing a QFX file into GC it matches
> >    this to "imbalanced".
> >
> >    What should I do?
> >
> >    Thanks....
> >
> >    Carl W.