[GNC] Concern with the lengthy list of "Known Issues"

scotts ssoderling at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 21 13:31:18 EDT 2019

I have been using Gnucash for about 3 years now, and for the most part
enjoying the experience! I use it for my personal finances (bank accounts,
credit cards, investments, etc). I am also the treasurer of a golf club
association and am considering moving their accounting over to Gnucash.

I am currently using Windows version 2.6.21. Of course at the moment, the
most current stable release is version 3.6. My only hesitation in upgrading
is what seems to me to be a very long list of "known issues" with the
release.

I'm looking for other opinions. In my experience, version 2.6.21 seems to
pretty much work as advertised. No crashes, runs quickly enough on my
computer, all the functions I've tried seem to work fine. Normally I would
upgrade any software to the latest release, hopefully taking advantage of
bug fixes and new features. But when I see the long list of issues, I
hesitate.

Would appreciate any comments from others. Am I being overly paranoid?
Thanks a lot!