[GNC] Use of "dash" as a Separator Character

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 12:06:09 EDT 2019

> On 23 Jul 2019, at 16:42, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:
>
> I don't think that would work.

I’d already tried that, and it didn’t work.

To be clear, I had an unbalanced transaction which had caused the creation of Imbalance-GBP.

I saved the file, closed GC and then reopened it - generating the warning message about the use of the separator character in an account name.

I edited the name of the account (Imbalance-GBP —> Imbalance_GBP), saved, closed and opened again and got no warning.

I then created a further unbalanced transaction, which resulted in my having two Imbalance Accounts - Imbalance_GBP and Imbalance-GBP.

My conclusion is that the creation of the Imbalance and Orphan account names is hard-wired into the code.

Michael