[GNC] Use of "dash" as a Separator Character

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Jul 23 13:14:02 EDT 2019

I’m using 3.6 on MacOS.

It says, emphasis mine:

A legal value is any single character EXCEPT letters and numbers, or any of the following strings: “colon” “slash”, “backslash”, “dash” and “period”.

There are three missing commas in that list, but the intent is still clear. The ‘or’ is extending the list of exceptions beyond just “letters and numbers”.

It should probably read for clarity and grammar:

A legal value is any single character EXCEPT letters, numbers, “colon”, “slash”, “backslash”, “dash”, and “period”.

Thus, you cannot use:

letters
numbers
colon