[GNC] Inventory

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Thu Jul 25 09:57:28 EDT 2019

On 7/24/2019 9:38 AM, David Carlson wrote:
> Basically, GnuCash cannot handle inventory.
>
> It may be possible to create a fictitious commodity and assign a value to
> it, but You cannot do any of the usual inventory functions such as tracking
> locations, etc.

Or store the other information (location, reorder points, supplier info,
alternative suppliers, etc.) that a fullblown inventory system handles
(as well as interfacing with "general ledger")

I wish a more modular approach had been used for gnucash --- designed to
accept feeds from pieces like "inventory", POS (point of sales",
Payroll, etc. With the gnucash "general ledger" handling just the pure
accounting.

Michael D Novack