[GNC] Report - How to track savings?

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 06:20:14 EDT 2019

> On 27 Jul 2019, at 10:49, Christopher Lam <christopher.lck at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Try the Cash-Flow report, select your savings as the source account.

This will pick up all transactions between your savings account and any other account, in either direction.

If you want to see only transactions between CHECKING and SAVING you can try:

1. Open the SAVINGS account.
2. Press cmd-F (on Mac) or ctrl-F otherwise to bring up the “Find Transaction” Window.
3. Click and hold the Description button, and run the mouse down to select “All Accounts’.
4. Click the "Choose Accounts” button
5. Select your Checking Account.
6. Click “Find”.

This will bring up a new tab entitled “Search Results”, which contains all transactions between your Savings and Checking Accounts.

But I haven’t been able to work out a way of presenting this in a bar chart - it’s a wet Saturday morning here, so maybe later...

You can get a report on the transactions identified by your search by using the Reports Menu:

Reports—>Accounts Report

…but this is in text, not graphical form.

Michael