[GNC] Miscalculation in cashflow reports

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 13:42:02 EDT 2019

Hi,

Am 30.07.19 um 16:13 schrieb Geert Janssens:
> Does it even make sense to try to determine the "cash flow" on a single
> account ? I can imagine one would see the cash flow for a business and the
> details of how that cash flow was generated. Trying to to so on a single
> account may yield results that don't make sense.

The current report is for me an important tool for cost analyse. Select
a cost center and you see on one side the cost elements and on the other
the related cost objects. The only issue: It is in no way related  to
"cash". So we should probably rename it. Suggestions?

>> Or does it even matter?
> What does matter to me is an accounting package shouldn't make assumptions. If
> multiple valid distributions are possible it's the user that should be able to
> mark those somehow.

Right, https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapitalflussrechnung lists 3
different structures and more in the discussion.

If we want to create this, we should group them by default according IFRS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAS_7
with options to adjust the structure.

> I really would like to have input from users with actual accounting
> backgrounds on
> 1. what a cash flow report really should display
> 2. whether our current cash flow report actually does that or is in effect a
> totally different kind of report with a misleading name.
>
> Geert

Frank