[GNC] Fwd: how to copy "Customers Overview" table for spreadsheet.

david whiting dw at davidwhiting.me.uk
Tue Jul 30 17:10:22 EDT 2019

I'm a few pages into a book about xslt so I thought I'd give this a go. I'm
sure it's not the best xslt and anyone who knows how to use xslt properly
will probably feel unwell after looking at this, but it does seem to work,
i.e. produce a summary html table with the customers overview info (and a
few extra fields for extra points).

To use it gunzip your gnucash file or save it in uncompressed format (Edit
-> Preferences -> General) then you can run it using xsltproc like this
(assuming the name of your file is accounts.gnucash):

xsltproc customers.xslt accounts.gnucash > customers.html

(there's a version for windows called xsltproc.exe if you are using windows
and there are other ways of running xslt stylesheets)

Then you can view customers.html and copy and paste the info into a
spreadsheet or whatever.

David