[GNC] Income statement incorrect

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Jul 31 12:47:56 EDT 2019

Assets don’t show up in the Income Statement (P&L).

They do show up in the Balance Sheet.

Sorry, I spoke to soon, as there is no way through account selection to generate a cash-basis Income Statement while using the Business Features.

The posting date of the invoice is when the Income accounts are credited. (which is what is reported on the Income Statement along with Expenses)

Solution:

Don’t post your invoices till paid. You can create an invoice, send it to a client, then when they remit payment, first, post the invoice in the period of the payment, then apply the payment. For existing invoices, yes, you’ll have to unpost them, no tragedy there save a few clicks.

Regards,
Adrien