[GNC] Purchases in foreign currency.

Clint Chaplin joatmon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 17:20:33 EDT 2019

I travel a lot on business, frequently to non-US destinations, where I am
using non-USD currency.

Currently in another financial program, I am handling this by essentially
using an investment to keep the non-USD currencies.  I transfer USD to the
investment, purchase the non-USD currency with the exchange rate in effect,
sell the non-USD as needed back into USD, and then post the purchase as
using USD.

I suspect that GnuCash is perfectly capable of handling purchases in the
non-USD currency, but is the USD equivalent for the purchase set at the
time of the transaction, or will the USD equivalent of the purchase change
as the exchange rate changes later?

--
Clint (JOATMON) Chaplin