[GNC] Migration

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 31 21:22:47 EDT 2019

On 7/31/19 5:01 PM, Clint Chaplin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for, well, some assurance here.
>
> How many of you migrated to GnuCash from another financial product?  If you
> did, what did you migrate from?  How much data did you have to migrate?
> And would you do it again knowing what you know now?

I ran Quicken for a few years, but I could not stand Windows 95 (current
at the time), so I switched to Red Hat Linux 5 in about mid 1998. A
little later, I started using GnuCash. It could presumably convert from
Quicken, but it made such a mess of mine that I just dropped all the old
data and started afresh.

I suppose in the decade or more since than, Gnucash has improved the
behavior of the conversions.

--
  .~.  Jean-David Beyer
  /V\  PGP-Key:166D840A 0C610C8B