[GNC] Future transactions

AEG aeg21212-forum at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 2 11:17:46 EDT 2019

Hi Liz,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Liz wrote
> On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 02:09:27 -0500 (CDT)
> AEG via gnucash-user <

> gnucash-user@

> > wrote:
>
>> Is there a setting I can adjust to make the account screen display (by
>> default) only the current/past transactions but allow future
>> transactions to be viewed by scrolling down?
>>
>> Alan
>

> Just look a little lower, below the Register entries.
> There you will see
> Present $xx Future $xz Cleared $za Reconciled $xp Projected Minimum $zw
>
> Liz

Unfortunately, that only shows what the balance of the account will be at
the end of the future period, (14 days in my case). I want to be able to see
what the account balance will be tomorrow, and the next day, etc. for 14
days.

For example, suppose I have an account balance of 500 GBP today, it would be
helpful to have a reminder that my credit card bill of 550 GBP is due to be
paid automatically tomorrow, as it would prompt me to urgently transfer
funds from a savings account to ensure that I don't go overdrawn.

Whilst the "Create in Advance" feature allows me to do that, the post dated
transactions in some account windows dominate the screen to such an extent
that present and past transactions are hidden. I also like to view the
General Ledger, which is even more of a problem and makes that page less
useful.

Alan