[GNC] Pending Edit Behavior in GnuCash

jeffrey black beastmaster126 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 7 05:36:36 EDT 2019

On 6/7/2019 4:06 AM, Adrien Monteleone wrote:

>> On Jun 7, 2019, at 3:57 AM, jeffrey black <beastmaster126 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think I missed something here Adrien.  I only get a /months worth /of
>> transactions in a tab across some but not all accounts which have
>> entries.  What am I not setting right in preferences? (Windoze 10 =>
>> Version: 3.5 Build ID: 3.5+(2019-03-30) Finance::Quote: -)
>>
>> --
>> --JEffrey Black M.B.A.
> Check Edit > Filter By...
>
> The General Journal defaults to a 30 day window if I’m not mistaken. (mine was set as such) Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a preference to set this. You have to change it each time you open it.
>
> Be sure to check the other Filter tab as well to make sure you are seeing all transactions you want to see. (personally, I’d think the Journal should show everything, but that’s just me)
>
> My understanding is that one or the other (individual account registers, or General Journal) is ‘virtual’ while the other is how the data is actually stored. Traditional accounting would use the Journal first, but I seem to recall reading that GnuCash does this in reverse.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien

Thanks.  Found it under View->Filter by.

But; it is giving me the same annoying entry I am getting under other
views as well.  There is one extra transaction that is a partial
duplicate of the last real transaction.  It has the same date as the
previous valid transaction, no description, has the same funds in
account, no funds out account, and no dollar amounts on either line (not
zero, blank).  Gnu-Cash is waiting for me to enter a new transaction
after this one.

--
--JEffrey Black M.B.A.