[GNC] Online Banking Wedged Suddenly

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Jun 11 16:57:53 EDT 2019

> On Jun 11, 2019, at 9:56 AM, Stephen M. Butler <kg7je at arrl.net> wrote:
>
> On 6/11/19 5:21 AM, Jonathan Rosenberg via gnucash-user wrote:
>> I started Gnucash, found the setting, unchecked it.  Same result.
>> When i do Actions -> Online Actions -=> Get transactions... it
>> executes without asking for the PIN/password.  This happens for all
>> accounts.
>>
>> I exited GC & tried again  Same result.
>>
>> BTW: if the PIN is saved in memory, then exiting GC should clear it, yes?
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 10:18 PM John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>>> Nope, it's not per-session.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> John Ralls
>

> Reading between the lines, I think John is trying to tell you it is
> sticky.  Permanently sticky.  Once you told it to save, it knows it for
> all time.  Who knows, it might forget when we go to Y10K!

Not exactly, just that "memory" really means "storage": If the preference is set, AQBanking remembers persistently across sessions. If it's unset, AQBanking forgets it, no restarts required.

I just tested and it works that way for me. I don't understand why it works differently for Jonathan.

Regards,
John Ralls