[GNC] Switch to Account that a Transfer is from by Keyboard

Greg Feneis mfeneis at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 23:36:57 EDT 2019

There's already a short-ish cut method for account selection built in to
GnuCash.  As you probably know, and in parlance with many data entry
interfaces, the tab key will move the cursor from field to field.

Once the cursor is in the account column, type the first few letters of the
main account. A selection list will appear. Once you've typed enough
characters the target main account will be highlighted. Once it's
highlighted, type colon, and a selection list of possible sub accounts
appear. Type enough letters so that the target sub account is highlighted.
Keep doing colon, type, colon, type until you've drilled down to the actual
final account you want. Once you've got the final target account
highlighted, don't hit colon, hit tab, and your account will be selected
and the cursor will move to the next field.

Kind regards, Greg Feneis
(Pixel 3)