[GNC] New computer to set up gnucash and migrate from old.

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Jun 18 09:29:20 EDT 2019

On Tuesday, 18 June 2019 00:29:24 BST Randy Rosebrock wrote:
> I'll check it out. You would thing gnucash would build in a
> backup/export/import function.

Why?  Does MS Word or Keynote or any other application have an extensive
backup function (beyond autosave, of course)  How have you moved all the
letters that you've written and photos that you have from old to new PC?  GC
is really a very similar process.

GC is far better at backing up your data on each run than most other programs,
it is *quite* good at import (given the closed nature of most of the candidate
formats).

granted, export is maybe more lacking, but I think you can get to CSV quite
easily these days, and your datafile is stored as plain XML (nearly human-
readable) text.

0.02
Maf.