[GNC] I just don't understand reconciliation

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Tue Jun 18 19:11:55 EDT 2019

On 6/18/19 3:41 AM, Maf. King wrote:
>   Things these days are generally much more instant, although sometimes not as
> instant as we might like.
>
> HTH,
> Maf

Not really.

By law, folks that take credit crds in the USA are not allowed
to charge you until the item ships or gets processed.  Sometimes
that is the same day and sometimes that is weeks away, depending
on back orders.  Parts I purchase through my distrubutors for
my business often get posted four or five days AFTER I receive
the parts.

So, I need to know when the charge was made and I need to "C" it
off when it posts.  I need to only check that my beginning
balance and my ending balance on my statement agrees, meaning
I did not typo or forget to enter anything.

So far I think reconcile is useless, except for the box in
the lower right corner, which tells me I am balanced.  That
is useful!

Adding a stupid entry for a charge that I can not "C" off
is really mind splitting.