[GNC] I just don't understand reconciliation

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Jun 18 20:00:45 EDT 2019

To add on one more tidbit for an anticipated question:

It isn’t very likely that a charge will take more than 24 hours to settle. (business sales charged on delivery with long lead times would be different of course) You might have a few that will be charged at the end of one period and not clear till the next. But those aren’t included on that statement, so they might be ‘cleared’ but not ‘reconciled’ till the next statement because they aren’t part of that ending balance calculation. That is perfectly normal. The Sun has continued to rise every day despite this fact.

Long delivery times make tracking charges/clearings more cumbersome, but not impossible. Reconciliation isn’t concerned with that though.

The *purpose* of reconciliation is not to reconcile the transactions, it is to reconcile the ENDING BALANCE as of the statement date.

Regards,
Adrien