[GNC] I just don't understand reconciliation

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Tue Jun 18 20:14:20 EDT 2019

On 6/18/19 4:50 PM, ToddAndMargo via gnucash-user wrote:
> On 6/18/19 4:43 PM, Ronal B Morse wrote:
>
> I can user the thing in the lower right corner.  Other
> wise I have to wait from the next statement to arrive to
> reconcile those that did not make it to the current statement.

And that is how reconciliation works.  Just do it manually on the back
of the bank statement they supply on which you list the outstanding
deposits and checks (if you have any in your register after the
statement date).  Similar for the credit card statements.  If the
charges aren't on the statement then they are still outstanding and
should not be reconciled for this statement.

Once I get the outstanding balance to zero, then pressing the finish
button doesn't generate any new transactions.  It also makes all those
items checked into 'reconciled' -- I believe that is a 'y'.

I think you are trying to overthink this and making it much more
complicated on yourself.

--Steve

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM