[GNC] extra column?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Jun 19 14:13:19 EDT 2019

While I certainly get the logic of the ‘flow’, that is at the expense of twice the work as you noted.

I have a suggestion that might save you a large amount of time.

For the register in question (a consolidated real account, not a divided virtual one as you’ll need everything lumped together to see the benefit), try the View > Filter By... menu and set it to show only unreconciled transactions. (you can optionally also show/not show cleared transactions) The balance will be the true balance as if everything had cleared the bank, so you can still avoid overdraft. (as always)

Additionally, on the CoA, there are extra available columns for “Balance”, “Reconciled”, and “Cleared”. Does using one or more of those, along with the above filter not get you the info you need? (not in the same manner of course, but I’m focusing on answering whatever question you have concerning what is cleared/reconciled with what is not and then what is the current balance.) It would be nice if there was an “Un-Reconciled” column available I suppose. Maybe you could place an RFE for it if needed.

Regards,
Adrien