[GNC] more than one chargeback needed

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Jun 21 04:38:04 EDT 2019

It can’t unfortunately.

The ‘jobs’ function is misnamed. (there is a bug filed on this)

The feature is more akin to a purchase order.

So a ‘job/PO’ can only have one vendor or one customer. It can’t be split. And the two aren’t the same regardless of how named. A ‘job/PO’ named “foo” for a vendor and a ‘job/PO’ named “foo” for a customer are two distinct jobs. They are not related or linked in the data or code in any way. They just happen to have the same name.

As far as I know, there is no real method for job-based accounting in GnuCash at present, though someone else might have ‘abused’ another feature to work around this limitation.

Regards,
Adrien