[GNC] Need better documentation - and maybe more robust functionality - on using Lots

pmkelly pm_kelly at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 21 21:08:13 EDT 2019

The other problem, which I didn't pursue enough to figure out if it
really is a problem, has to do with the company's two-for-1 stock
split in the middle of all this. Most of the shares being sold were
purchased before the split; others came after the split. As far as I
can tell, the "View Lots" module can't adjust for splits. Right now, I
have 26 of the 27 lots adding up to 149.813 shares, almost all of
which represent one-half of the shares actually sold, because of the
2:1 split.

I have found that imported splits from quicken do not work correctly in
Lots.  What I had to do was re-enter the split in GnuCash from Actions-
Stock Splits.  After re-entering the split, I would then delete the old
split.  Once that was completed, Lots handled the gains/loss correctly.