[GNC] BUSINESS CHECK PRINTING - BILLS PAID INFORMATION ON STUBS

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Mar 1 03:25:47 EST 2019

Hi Greg,

I'm afraid I have to agree with Victor. Currently what you are looking for
can't be done directly in gnucash. The check printing code extracts its
information from transaction splits. However the Bill details you want to
include are currently not stored in splits, but in the business data. So to
get that information on your check the code should be changed to get that data
accessible to the check code. The least way to do so is to write the required
business details into the respective transaction splits. I think that is what
Victor was hinting at.

I think in itself that is not a big code change, but it would require someone
with sufficient knowledge of the gnucash code base to understand where to make
that change. While I do have a fairly good idea what is required, I currently
lack the time to implement this for you. I'm sorry about that.

I suggest you file an enhancement request in our bug tracker for this as I
think this may be a small and useful improvement. You can refer to http://
wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla on how to use our bug tracker.

Regards,

Geert