[GNC] Payroll Management with Time Attendance Machine

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Mar 5 11:16:38 EST 2019

Jason,

I’m not sure what ’Time Management Attendance Machine’ is, but in general, no, you’d need to keep your time sheets separately. (There are plenty of stand-alone software options for this, as well as spreadsheet templates, or you could roll your own spreadsheet)

GnuCash does not have a built-in payroll module but some people use it for payroll. Payroll calculation can be very difficult and is very locale specific. You might be able to use Scheduled Transactions for this but if your pay practices vary wildly, you might be better off doing the calculations in a spreadsheet, generating the resulting transaction, importing it to GnuCash and then printing your checks.

See the wiki on ‘Using GnuCash’ for more help in this area, or do a list search on the topic.

You will also find info there on using the check printing feature to create pay stubs with the checks.

As for tracking allowances automatically, you could utilize the Scheduled Transactions feature to generate a liability for each one as they are earned (similar to how cash pay is earned) and simply not approve the creation of the transaction for those who didn’t work that day/period.

Regards,
Adrien