[GNC] IRC access

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 6 02:00:35 EST 2019

I agree. It would be appropriate to have brief information related to gnucash on IRC, with pointers to official resources.
90% of the content in the current page should go. The introductory paragraph followed by the server, channel, and link to IRC download and help pages should be it.
David T.

  On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 10:18, John Ralls<jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us> wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2019, at 8:01 PM, Frank H. Ellenberger <frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Am 05.03.19 um 20:56 schrieb John Ralls:
>> LMGTFY: http://deadlytechnology.com/linux/irc-on-ubuntu/
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ralls
>
> or read (and improve) the wiki ;.)
> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/IRC#Usage

I don't think it's reasonable or practical to replicate all of mankind's knowledge in our Wiki. It makes sense that we include information about GnuCash itself. It does not make sense to document every random piece of software that some user may use to communicate with us, particularly if that documentation is readily available on the web.

Regards,
John Ralls