[GNC] Uploading Invoices

Justin Haynes justin at justinhaynes.com
Fri Mar 8 13:02:00 EST 2019

File -> Import -> Import Bills and Invoices.

Can you export as a csv from your invoicing system?    You may want to play
with, say, 1-3 at a time, and then play with the options.

Notice the "Open not yet posted documents in tabs" option which can be
useful, so that you can see how things will import *before* you decide to
post them.

[image: image.png]

Oh, also, have you looked in File -> Properties?  Notice under book options
in "Business" and "Counters".  In Counters, those are for internal
numbering, but there is also a field in invoices

And one more thing - if the external invoicing system has its own invoice
numbers, you should be able to import those as the "Billing ID".  That's
separate from GNUCash's internal InvoicID.  So for example, if you don't
have any invoices, and you manually created a new customer and created a
new invoice, you could rely on GNUCash to autonumber teh invoice, and you
can fill in the external invoice systems id as "Billing ID" Like I show
here.  I would think importing works the same but I have not tested it
becaus I don't use an external invoicing system.

[image: image.png]