[GNC] where did it go

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Sat Mar 9 08:48:40 EST 2019

On 3/9/2019 7:52 AM, David Carlson wrote:
> GnuCash is like your document editor or spreadsheet program.  When you
> close it the first time, it asks you where to save it and what to call it.
> Then, when you re-start it, it opens the same file automatically.  If you
> skip that step, you have a problem.  I am not sure what happens if you
> never named and saved your file.
>
> David Carlson

  That's the problem. Assuming that the file was saved (you did some
sort of save before closing the program) the problem is that you don't
know the name of the file or where (what directory -- aka "file folder")

But PROBABLY your operating system includes a "find" tool, and probably
that has options not just to search for by partial name (for example,
ending with the extension .gnucash) but things like "changed yesterday".

If you didn't do ANY save ......... (But please note that this would not
be a gnucash specific problem. For example, if you created a document
with your word processor but NEVER saved it, would you expect it to be
there?)

Michael D Novack