[GNC] retained earnings in balance sheet: where does it come from?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Mar 9 19:19:40 EST 2019

Retained Earnings is posted when you perform a close book operation. (or manually zero your income/expense accounts to Equity)

If you didn’t do this for 2015, there would be no entry.

If you performed the 2016 close book operation in Jan 2017, you’ll have a retained earnings entry in that month for the net income-expenses for 2016. If you were a non-individual entity, that amount would be the entity’s taxable income for the year, hence the tax flag. You probably want to fix that date to 12/31/16.

Regards,
Adrien