[GNC] Uninstall GC

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Sun Mar 10 22:16:42 EDT 2019

Denis

$cd  ~/Applications/build-gnucash-3.1
$make uninstall

should do it since you installed in HOME/.local  HOME is just /home/<user>
where <user> is your username on the system. I don't install there but use
/usr/local for system wide installation not individual user so I am not sure
of the exact details of how GnuCash installs in HOME/.local.

If it doesn't then you can remove the installation manually. If the build
directory is intact it will have a file install_manifest.txt which will list
where all the files are installed to.

All files will be under the .local hidden directory. Uee Ctrl-H in your file
manager to display hidden directories. I think that works on Ubuntu as well
as Linux Mint.

Check what files are present in HOME/.local.  How you proceed will depend if
you have installed any other software in this location. If you are lucky it
will possibley have a file gnucash which has subdirectories like bin, share,
lib, etc.  If this is the case then deleting the gnucash directory and
contents will completely remove the gnucash application with no problems.

If it isn't in a gnucash directory it will probably just have bin,share,
lib,etc directories directly under HOME/.local  . In this case you will need
to check whether any other applications are installed. Chances are if
HOME/.local/bin doesn't contain anything but the gnucash program you are OK,
but also check the lib and share directories to see if there are anything
other than gnucash related files there.  If there are no other applications
installed there then it is safe to just delete all the directories under
HOME/.local.

If not then you could use the install_manifest.txt as a guide  and manually
delete them one by one to ensure you don't delete anything else you might
need.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens