[GNC] Account Hierarchy Meesed Up

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Mar 12 01:56:01 EDT 2019

On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 10:25:07 -0600 (CST)
AAK <a.a.khalifeh at gmail.com> wrote:

> I imported a QIF file into Gnucash and started editing the account
> hierarchy. I inadvertently created a mess. I now have a checking
> account berried under the Expenses account, which in turn, is berried
> under the Automobile Expenses category. I can't figure out how to
> reverse this mess. How can I make hidden accounts show up again? Is
> there a way to edit the entire tree structure at once?

Take a deep breath, and relax.

Go to the Accounts tab.
Choose an account to move, right click and select Edit Account.
This opens a box. In mine, at the bottom right, is a box with a name
like "parent".
Find where the account should be in the account tree, and move it.
For example, you might put the Cheque account under "Assets".

Make sure its right, and save.

If you still get it wrong, you can move things again.

Liz