[GNC] HELP! No lock!?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Mar 13 14:23:48 EDT 2019

On Wednesday, 13 March 2019 18:09:12 GMT Jack Slater wrote:
> Just tried to start up GC. Fresh boot of Win 10 PC and I get a message
> window:
>
> "GnuCash could not obtain the lock for C:\" ( etc. file location)
>
> option to open read only (wont work for me!),create new file, open anyway,
> quit
>
> I need to get that file open it has all my data!
>
> I do have a back up.

Hi,

this happens if GC has crashed or otherwise not shut down properly.   If you
are sure that GC is not still running, and another user hasn't got the file
open, then the "open anyway" option is the one to go for.  Does exactly the
same thing as going and deleting the lock manually in a file manger...

Maf.