[GNC] GNUCash Documentation

Justin Haynes justinhenryhaynes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 22:03:24 EDT 2019

I can probably start spending a little time each month contributing to documentation.  I read about how to start contributing and noticed that one of the steps is to open a bug in Bugzilla.  I noticed when searching Bugzilla (https://bugs.gnucash.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&no_redirect=1&order=Importance&product=Documentation&query_format=specific <https://bugs.gnucash.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&no_redirect=1&order=Importance&product=Documentation&query_format=specific>), that there are 50 bugs.  I skimmed them, to see what bugs looked like and how people are working on them as evidenced in the comments.

So I assume the following approach should work just fine, as I will not be having or wanting commit access:

1. If I see a bug I’d like to jump in and fix, and it doesn’t seem to be getting attention - just confirm by posting a comment to the bug proposing to work on it and see if I get a response within say 24 hours.  If I don’t see anything back, start working on it and submit my patches, or whatever we're calling them.

2. If I notice something that needs fixing, submit a bug and start working on it.

Am I on the right track?

Justin