[GNC] Expense accounts in bills

david whiting dw at davidwhiting.me.uk
Fri Mar 15 03:47:16 EDT 2019

Ah, yes, you are correct. The accounts I can see are assets and the
other are A/R. The problem I now have is that I don't seem to be able
to change the account type from A/R to asset now that they have been
created as A/R. Looks I might have to create new accounts and migrate
each transaction across, which is going to take some time.

Thanks for your help.

David

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 at 22:04, Adrien Monteleone
<adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> When I’ve had issues in the past with accounts not showing up in the Business Features like this, it was due to their type not being correct.
>
> They should all be of type Asset, *not* type Accounts Receivable. (but you can certainly make them children of A/R or better yet, create an ‘Other A/R’ account and make them children of that. The main A/R account is special)
>
> Check the type on the ones that are showing up and a few that aren’t. This is likely the issue.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> > On Mar 14, 2019, at 4:11 PM, david whiting <dw at davidwhiting.me.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Gnucash Version: 3.3
> > Build ID: 3.3+ (2018-09-29)
> > Ubuntu 18.10
> >
> > I'm using gnucash for a community club where we have members who I
> > represent in gnucash as Assets:Accounts Receivable:Members:Firstname
> > Lastname
> >
> > I need to create bills for members and wish to select the relevent
> > account receivable in the Expense portion of the bill, i.e. it is an
> > expense for the member and not for the club. However, very few of the
> > accounts receivable show up in the selection box. I have got around
> > this by creating a spreadsheet that I then import to create the bills,
> > but it means that I need to do extra work to keep that spreadsheet up
> > to date when new members join.
> >
> > Is there a limit on the number of accounts that can appear in the
> > selection box? Is there any other reason why only a handful of the
> > 300+ members show up?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > David
> > --