[GNC] Saved report configurations

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Mar 19 13:43:12 EDT 2019

Op dinsdag 19 maart 2019 18:08:29 CET schreef rmomxtx at gmail.com:
> Version 2.6.17
>
> I looked at the wiki and am not sure where to start. If possible, just need
> to know:
>
> What is the name of the file where the saved report configurations are
> stored?
> Should those saved configurations be available when I update versions?
>
> Thanks,
> Roger

The file is called saved-reports-2.x where 'x' depends on your gnucash version
as does its location. For 2.6.17 the filename will be saved-reports-2.4 and it
will be stored in DOT_GNUCASH_DIR as described for your OS (which you haven't
provided yet) under
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations#DOT_GNUCASH_DIR

For GnuCash 3.0 and up the file will be in
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations#GNC_DATA_HOME for your
OS. GnuCash will look for a file named saved-reports-2.8 first in there and if
missing it will try to open saved-reports-2.4 in the same directory.

As for updates, if you update gnucash from 2.6.x to 3.x it will copy these
saved reports from the old location to the new one for you, but only if the
new location didn't exist yet! So if you ran tests on your new PC with only
3.x and then install 2.6.x on that system, the migration will not run again
after upgrading to 3.x. If you want to force the migration, you should move
the https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations#GNC_DATA_HOME
directory aside before running gnucash 3.x.

Regards,

Geert