[GNC] txf tax report problem

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 00:23:31 EDT 2019

Jeffrey,

Thanks for pointing this out. I've seen your bug report and am trying to
figure it out.

Am I correct that if you run the report *with transaction details* printed:

   - all of the subtotals for 'Business:Bad debt' and 'Business:Fee' are
   correct
   - the subtotal for line 27a: Bad debts (305) is correct
   - the Schedule C Line 27a  line total is off by $496.61
   - and you are sure that these are the only two accounts that are
   assigned to code 305

The only two things I can think of are:

   - in the system, Code 305 is also assigned to "Sched C: Other business
   expenses" as well as "Sched C: Bad debts". Are there any other accounts
   assigned to code 305 in your book? If you click on the down arrow on the
   upper right hand corner of the account hierarchy tab and click on the 'Tax
   Info' checkbox, each account will show if it was assigned to a tax code and
   which one. Could you then scan down and make sure no other accounts are
   assigned to 'Sched C: Bad Debts' or ' Sched C: Other business expenses'?
   They would have to be expense accounts. If there are, that could explain
   the difference.
   - Report accumulators aren't being zeroed out. When you run the report
   do you see 496.61 (or numbers that could add up to that) in any of the
   preceding subtotals. The trouble with this possibility is that it would
   likely show up on many other subtotal as well and this hasn't been reported.

I look forward to your response and thanks for reporting this.

Regards,

Alex