[GNC] The Meaning of Split (previously Example of multi-split feature of CSV importer?)

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Thu Mar 21 10:17:16 EDT 2019

"David T. via gnucash-user" <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> writes:

> I like the terminology “simple” versus “compound”, but I do not
> understand what is meant by a “ two-line simple transaction as a
> special case of a compound transaction.”

This is what happens you expand a simple transaction (which has only 2
splits) by clicking on the "Show Splits" button, or change the View to
Split-ledger or Transaction Journal mode.  It will display as a compound
transaction but have only two lines (plus the blank spilt line).

> David

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745