[GNC] Finance::Quotes stopped working for me

Bruno Acklin backlin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 13:54:40 EDT 2019

Hi John,

Thanks so much for all the work you do supporting us and your diligent test of the Yahoo_json script!

I have restarted my Mac and Gnucash. The price quote keeps failing on my desktop and laptop test systems.

I keep getting the 500 server error when I use the Terminal command:
gnc-fq-dump -v yahoo_json aapl

But I get another message and hint when I use the helper command:
gnc-fq-helper yahoo_json aapl

Can't locate Date/Manip.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Date::Manip module) (@INC contains: /Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.18 /Network/Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.18 /Library/Perl/Updates/5.18.2/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/Updates/5.18.2 /System/Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.18 /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.18 .) at /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-helper line 29.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-helper line 29.

Did a MacOS update change something in.my working Perl configuration, and do you have any recommendations on how to fix this?

Thanks, Bruno