[GNC] How to change register colors in gnucash 3.x?

dsp1024 dsp1024 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 22 14:09:27 EDT 2019

Hi. I upgraded from gnucash v2.4 to 3.4 (Windows 7) and I read the colors
theme are gone... and to follow the instruction in
"https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3#Register_Appearance" to change them in
v3.4. So I thought I did:

1. I got the sample file from
"https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/maint/doc/gtk-3.0.css"
2. I disabled "Use GnuCash built-in color theme" in gnucash (the register
looks black font on white background, header is greyish background)
3. Copy "gtk-3.0.css" to "C:\Users\myUserName\AppData\Roaming\GnuCash"
4. Re-started gnucash

Theses lines below (from "gtk-3.0.css") makes me think that the register
header should be seagreen:

/* Register User Colors */ .header-color {background-color: seagreen;color:
white;}

I don't see any changes in the color of anything. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks