[GNC] Finance::Quotes stopped working for me

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us
Sun Mar 24 18:08:06 EDT 2019

Bruno,

No, there's no reason to install a fake-linux package manager.

You said "Library/Perl", does that mean /Users/backlin/Library/Perl or /Library/Perl? It should be the latter. If it's the former, what's in /Library/Perl?

Assuming that it *is* /Library/Perl, there are several packages that should be there and aren't. I suggest
  sudo rm -rf /Library/Perl/5.18/Finance
  sudo rm -rf ~/.cpan/build/Finance-Quote*
  sudo rm -rf -/.cpan/build/Date-Manip*
  sudo cpan -i Date::Manip
  sudo cpan -i Finance::Quote

Check the output of those last two to make sure that they complete successfully. Reinstalling Finance::Quote should pull in the other packages. After it's done /Library/Perl/5.18 should contain Date, DateTime, Finance, LWP, and LWP.pm in addition to the modules already there.

Regards,
John Ralls