[GNC] Tweak of Memorized Transactions

D sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 25 11:17:24 EDT 2019

Ken,

You're missing the point here. Dale is pointing out an implementation that automatically copies hidden (and transaction-specific) information from one transaction to the next. This annoying feature is what Liz was referring to when she said she'd purchased many washing machines: the information about a washing machine is copied from one transaction to the next in the hidden memo field.

This is a similar problem to that of the copied splits (or entries, or ledger entries, or whangdoodles, using whatever terminology is the current fad) -- i.e., people complain when the auto fill duplicates splits from one transaction to the next.I

Of course, we can edit these (if we are aware they've been copied), but wouldn't it be more convenient in this instance if we didn't have to--or perhaps had the option to choose?

It sounds like you're talking about scheduled transactions, which Dale was not.

David

On March 25, 2019, at 7:26 PM, Kenneth Schneider <kschneider at bout-tyme.net> wrote:

You can edit any field of the memorized transaction to your liking.

Ken Schneider