[GNC] Registrare gli affitti attivi

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Mar 26 15:00:06 EDT 2019

GnuCash allows you to create ‘Customers’ that you can run a report to show their AR due along with aging figures. (+30days, +60days, +90days etc.)

I’d scrap the individual ’tenant name’ accounts and create them as Customers. Then invoice the Customers(tenants). Everything will book to AR against Income:Rents, until paid.

You can then run a Customer Report or a Receivables Report to see how each stands. Note, the dates of those reports are important. If you’ve posted future ‘rental invoices’ you might have to set the end date of the report to the end of the year as I think it defaults to ’today’.

You might consider separate invoices per period/month, that way your aging figures will show how long they are overdue on a particular payment and you can also see a total of what remains due for the year if you like. But if you make one invoice for the entire year, you’ll lose that ability to see monthly overdue days information.

I don’t think you can create scheduled invoices, but you can go ahead and create and post them with future dates. Then when looking at either registers or reports, be sure to filter or exclude (or include) for the date range you want.

Along with this you can probably scrap the Assets:Credits and Assets:Credits:Rentals Due accounts because AR will hold all of that automatically.

You’ll need to turn on Business Features if you haven’t already done so.

There are others on the list who track rental properties, perhaps they can offer some additional info.

Regards,
Adrien