[GNC] Sorting accounts

Matthew Andrews matthewandrews80 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 13:08:13 EDT 2019

Clicking on the column header worked to put them in alphabetical order!
That's a big improvement! Thank you!

I was thinking there would be a way to do it with the account code.
When I right click on an account, and select "edit account" there's a
field called "Account code."  That's where I've been putting numbers,
assuming I would be able to use them to make a custom sort.  Am I
misunderstanding what that is for?

I see that I could use some alpha-numeric system in the account name to
get a custom sort, but I prefer the simple look of just having the name
displayed.

For example, under expenses, I may want the two or three largest and
most active accounts at the top of the list, and the other small or
inactive expense accounts below in alphabetical order.

~Matthew