[GNC] QFX import matching

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 13:47:57 EDT 2019

Keith,

The OFX importer may require manually assigning the Groceries account a few
times at the matching step during the first imports from your bank, but
then it should be remembering the Groceries account because you have
Bayesian matching enabled.  If you are accepting the completed manual
assignments and allowing the import to complete, it should be working.
Just for reference it might help to know your OS and GnuCash release to see
if there is some bug in that process.

David Carlson

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 10:39 AM Keith Bellairs <keith at bellairs.org> wrote:

> I import qfx from my checking account. I shop at my local food coop almost
> daily. The transactions all have descriptions like:
> OFX ext. info: |Trans type:Generic debit|Memo:BUFFALO M BUFF HARDWICK VT
> POS PURCHASE/PIN DDA 098894
> with varying dates and amounts, of course.
>
> They never match and each one must be manually updated with the account
> Groceries.
>
> My Preferences look like this:
> [image: image.png]
>
> Is there something I should be tweaking?
>
> Keith

David Carlson