[GNC] Bills in Gnucash

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 31 04:35:53 EDT 2019

Oh.  Let me go to nabble to figure out that you're replying to my post... now, having closed all the spammy windows for super resume...
Having the new account assistant create a specific set of accounts IN NO WAY is "enabling business features." It's just a bunch of accounts. The features are always "enabled." We might as well speak of "enabling" double entry features in Gnucash when we open a register in transaction view.
It is convenient, to be sure, to have these accounts created for me, but this is in no way something in preferences, as was implied in the message to which I was responding.
There is NO special setting. To quote Monty Python, there is NO severed head beneath the bed.
David T.

  On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 13:36, David Cousens<davidcousens at bigpond.com> wrote:   David,

While displaying the Accounts tab select
Actions->New Account Heirarchy to run the wizard
Choose the currency and select your book currency
Choose Accounts then Select the Business Accounts (check no other account
groups are selected unless you want them added).
then click Next

This adds the business accounts to your account heirarchy.

This "enables" the business features by creating the required accounts and
is all that is required other than setting the preferences required under
the Edit->Preferences Business tab and setting the billing terms and
customers and vendors and any Sales tax tables.

See https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v3/C/gnucash-help/chapter_busnss.html for
more detail.

David Cousens

-----