[GNC] 8.1 Find (^F) set default search preferences?

Jeff Albrecht jeffa at rodaw.com
Wed May 1 13:55:05 EDT 2019

The major pain, for me at least, is not so much the ^F but the constant
changing of the 'Find Transaction' options from 'Description' to 'Value'
It's the only way I've used ^F so far - Value and has credits or debits
-> equal to. I can see that flexibility of 'Find Transaction' will be
very useful at some time. In my current marathon accounting balancing
sessions (Still converting from Quicken*) I'm sure I've entered ^F
nearly a hundred times or more.

How about something like some combinations of these;
- A Boolean check box to save the options on close in the "Find
Transaction' window.
  -- Perhaps another check box for windows to remain open.
- A preference to save the last used options in the 'Find Transaction'
window.
- An additional 'quick find' initiated by ^F that uses the value->has
credits or debits->equal to and move the full find to menu initiated only.

* ProTip; Don't procrastinate more than three months to import new .OFX
transactions as many institutions only save three months available online.

  - Jeff