[GNC] UK VAT and "Making Tax Digital"

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu May 2 05:55:54 EDT 2019

On Wednesday, 1 May 2019 01:14:34 BST Christopher Lam wrote:

> > Sorry for long answer, hope is informative. If you have a better strategy
> > to offer, to account for your Asset:Bank -> Asset:CapitalAssets +
> > VAT:Paid-on-Purchases use cases, I'm all ears! Meanwhile the short
> > workaround above *may* be an acceptable solution for the current
> > reports...

Hi Christopher,

been thinking a bit more about this.  it seems to me that I have got more or
less the reports I need, I just need to automate the middle step of going from
reports totals to Bridging spreadsheet (by CSV).

Would it be possible to use a multi-column report, which contains each of my
(maybe tweaked a bit) individual reports.

the Multi column parent could grab the bottom line totals for each of the
contained reports and stuff them into CSV?

I have no idea if the Multi-column has hooks to grab totals from it's columns,
or how hard that would be to implement.

I imagine that the transaction report could be tweaked fairly easily export a
bottom line total, if it doesn't do it already?

just some thoughts.
Maf.