[GNC] Uninstall GC

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu May 2 19:48:55 EDT 2019

> On May 2, 2019, at 2:09 PM, Stephen M. Butler <kg7je at arrl.net> wrote:
>
> On 5/2/19 1:48 PM, Dennis Powless wrote:
>> I've got GC 3.1 installed on my laptop running Ubuntu 19.04.  Built from
>> source.
>>

>> This was the command I ran to install GC back then.
>>
>> cmake -DWITH_AQBANKING=OFF -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/dennis/.local
>> /home/dennis/Applications/gnucash-3.1
>>
>> So, my build directory is  Applications/gnucash-3.1   ???  right.
>

> Probably not.  Since you gave a full path (not relative) to the source,
> your build location could be nearly anywhere.  Specifically, it would be
> where you were at when the cmake was issued.
>
> Usually it is in a "build-xxx" folder just under Applications (next door
> to gnucash-3.1).  However, some use a '.build' folder inside the source
> code (dpkg_buildpackage does that).
>
> You will need to find all the 'make' files and see which one contains
> the build for 3.1.
>

>> I then did this....
>>
>> dennis at dennisLaptop1:~/Applications/gnucash-3.1$ make uninstall
>> make: *** No rule to make target 'uninstall'.  Stop.
>>
>> This was the output.

Or just
  rm -rf ~/Applications/gnucash-3.1

You could even leave it there and just remove ~/Applications/gnucash-3.1/bin from $PATH and/or delete the desktop file if that's how you launch GnuCash. Installing GnuCash from apt will put everything in /usr like all of the other programs on the machine and install a new desktop file pointing there.

Regards,
John Ralls