[GNC] Book keeping/accounting of club project funds

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri May 3 01:09:11 EDT 2019

Report Options > Display (at least for P&L/Income Statement and the Balance Sheet)

Parent account balances > Account Balance | Subtotal | Do not show
Parent account subtotals > Show subtotals | Do not show | Textbook style (experimental)

The first option will show the Account Balance if the parent is *not* a placeholder and has transactions.
The first option “Subtotal” will show the roll-up of the kids, regardless of if there are transactions in the parent. (from my understanding)

The second option “Show subtotals” will show a line AFTER the list of kids with “<account> Total” and an amount, which I *think* includes the parent and children
I’ve never seen any difference with the Text Book Style.

Generally, all my parents are placeholders, but I have a few that aren’t. So I set this to Account Balance, and *also* set to suppress zero balance figures and accounts. (so only those parents with transactions get a figure, otherwise, it is blank) And then I set the second option to Show Subtotals.

So I get something like this:

====================
Auto
	Auto Insurance					$717.73
	Fuel
		E10				$73.55
		Gas				$522.01
	Total Fuel				-------	$595.56
           Parking					$3.15
           Repair and Maintenance
                 Fluids			$61.96
                 Labor				$48.00
                 Parts			$397.63
                       Warranty	$40.00
                 Total Parts		-------	$437.63
                 Supplies			$10.01
           Total Repair and Maintenance	-------	$557.60
     Total Auto					-------	$1,874.04

However for my Balance Sheet, none of the detail I choose to show has any parents with transactions, so I set the first option to “Do Not Show” and the second to “Show Subtotals” (I still suppress zero balance figures and accounts for cleanliness)

Regards,
Adrien