[GNC] Account Types

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri May 3 10:23:24 EDT 2019

Unless the business is exceptionally simple it would be a real chore to account for even a reselling operation, never mind a manufacturing one, in GnuCash. Cost of goods sold is almost never just the cost of the ingredients; even a reselling operation will have some labor chargeable to the product ( "direct labor"). That's what ERP systems are for. Get one, it will save money in the long run.

Regards,
John Ralls